Shichida Australia’s early learning centre is home to one of the world’s most renowned early childhood education programs, known for bringing out the potential of children since 1958.
This world-renowned cognitive skills training program, backed by more than 60 years of research, has more than 1,000 full time teaching/non-teaching staff worldwide and more than 30 dedicated research personnel who focus on curriculum and product development. The Shichida program is one unique program that incorporates educational psychology and the understanding of brain development with education. We go beyond traditional teaching to bring out the innate abilities of your child.
The Shichida Method of Education is the original whole brain training program founded by Makoto Shichida nearly 60 years ago. With its continuous research and proven results, there are currently over 520 centres worldwide.
- A well researched and designed methodology to stimulate the development of the imagery brain and fosters imagination and creativity.
- Emphasises parent participation in kids’ learning activities that strengthen parental bonds.
- Conditions children to receive and recall images instantly.
- Develops high speed recall and calculation abilities.
- Enhances sensorial and critical thinking skills.
- Delivers fun early childhood activities that lay a strong foundation for literacy and numeracy skills while promoting social interaction and personality development.
- Encourages training at home through invaluable parenting tips.
• Fast-paced sessions of 50 minutes, once a week
• Maximum of 6 children per class
• One parent to attend class with child
Our activities include but are not limited to the following:
• Image play.
Embrace your child’s imaginative side. Our instructor will take your child through many exciting journeys!
• Memory games and techniques.
Replicating a picture after being shown for several seconds. Children at our early learning centre have impressed many people with their memory and have taken the techniques beyond our program into their daily lives.
• Flash cards.
Many topics of interest will be introduced to your child in this section enhancing their concentration and general knowledge.
• Hands on tasks.
Early childhood critical thinking activities including mazes, puzzles and tangrams help your child think creatively and independently.
• Working with letters.
Your child grows familiar with words and the alphabet through writing and drawing exercises.
• Working with numbers.
Your child becomes comfortable with numbers through various exercises.
• Working with music.
By listening, singing and playing instruments, your child learns to appreciate music and to express themselves.
What better way to maximise your child’s ability to learn?
Shichida Australia offers age-specific programs for babies, early learning for toddlers, and pre-primary aged children at our Melbourne and Sydney centres. In addition, a primary school curriculum is offered after school for children between Grade 1 and Grade 3. (This is only for children who have attended the Shichida preschool program.) The program is offered in 3 languages: English, Japanese and Mandarin.
Shichida Australia establishes a solid foundation that will light the sparks on your child’s developmental and learning journey. Without question, the skills and experiences acquired via our fun and educational activities will resonate through your child’s lifetime!
Please Note: The Shichida Method of Education curriculum spans across 6 months to 9 years of age. However, the last entry point into the Shichida program is 4 and 1/2 years old. The reason for this is that the curriculum for 4 and ½ years old and beyond builds on the foundation that has been established from 6 months old to 4 years old. This is why it’s so important to start the program as early as possible.