“Raising children with kind hearts, big dreams and full of talents”
– Professor Makoto Shichida, Ed.D., Founder of the Shichida Method
The Shichida method is a revolutionary program to facilitate early childhood learning. It cultivates children’s hearts and takes a balanced approach to developing the whole brain.
The Shichida method will:
- Deepen your child’s love of learning
- Equip your child with confidence and life skills to learn and process information effectively
- Stimulate your child’s creativity and imagination
- Enhance your child’s photographic memory skills and critical thinking ability
- Lay a strong foundation for numeracy and literacy skills
- Improve your child’s level of concentration
- Promote social interaction and personal development
- Heighten your child’s senses so they become more intuitive, observant and physically perceptively
- Develop both EQ and IQ
- Enhance the bond between you and your child
The Shichida method employs early learning techniques which are well-balanced, age-specific and aim to maximise every child’s individual potential (cognitively, physically and socially). We stimulate the whole brain to help bring out the best in children and engage them through activities that are fun and appealing. Our vision is to “raise children with kind hearts, big dreams and full of talents.” And it’s a vision that can only be achieved with the help of dedicated parents, whose bonds with their children will be strengthened and play a significant role throughout their child’s Shichida experience.
We know that little children love their mummies and daddies more than anything, so what better way to engage the hearts of children than to invite their parents into the classroom to play with them! We encourage parents to get directly involved in the balanced development of their child and we provide additional coaching and parenting tips so that parents can easily incorporate whole-brain learning into their home and everyday lives. As the Shichida philosophy goes, ‘when you can engage the hearts of the children, you can engage their minds’. Makoto Shichida emphasises the importance of parents’ love and acceptance of their child as they are and how this directly relates to the quality of the child’s ability to learn. Therefore the bond between parent and child is crucial and underpins the Shichida Method of Education.
Please Note: The Shichida Method of Education curriculum spans across 6 months to 9 years of age. However, the last entry point into the Shichida program is 4 ½ years old. The reason for this is that the curriculum for 4 ½ years old and beyond builds on the foundation that has been established from 6 months old to 4 ½ years old. Our students’ self esteem is important to us. This is why it is imperative to start the program as early as possible.