Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Let’s work together to keep our children safe from the virus
Due to Stage 4 restrictions our Victorian centres will continue with Livestream-only classes for the remainder of Term 3.
Our Sydney centres will keep running as per usual with social distancing rules applied.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important Update from 08/07/2020:
In light of the news delivered yesterday announcing Melbourne’s lockdown to Stage 3 restrictions from tonight at midnight, the start of Term 3 will be pushed out for students attending in Victoria.
Please kindly take note of the ‘Shichida Updated Term Dates’ below.
Please feel free to reach out to us via e-mail, or by calling our Victorian centres. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
Our Sydney centres will keep running with social distancing rules applied.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important Update from 16/06/2020:
Between now and the start of Term 3 2020, when the current restriction is further lifted, we will adjust accordingly.
As mentioned in our previous email, the following will be in place from Term 3 2020:
- Temperature checks and hand sanitisation prior to entry on the premises; we will continue with what we were doing since January 2020 for everyone coming into the centre.
- Face masks: We encourage the use of face masks for adults when in the centre.
- Covidsafe App: While we always take attendance for every class, we encourage the download of the Covidsafe App for all in the centre. This will help with contact tracing if necessary.
- In order to keep to the social distancing requirement, we ask that only 1 parent/carer comes into the centre with a child.
- Face shields for children and instructors for use in class. All children will be given a face-shield of their own for the term and we encourage its use when in class.
- Less ottomans: Due to social distancing rules, we will be placing less ottomans outside.
- No cushions: Cushions will be removed for the baby classes for now and we ask that parents to bring their own mat/rug.
- Cleaning/disinfecting process for materials and classroom after each session.
- Children will be asked to sanitise their hands after class.
Important Update from 21/03/2020:
Due to the further tightening of the social distancing rules by the Government, we have made the decision to switch all classes to virtual classes from this Saturday 21st March 2020 onwards until the rules are lifted. Due to the limit imposed, we are not able to conduct classes in person at Shichida centres from Monday to Saturday.
An Updated Message from Shichida Australia
14th April 2020
Dear Shichida parents,
We hope that you are all keeping well and staying safe at home.
Thank you all for your encouragement during this period. We have loved seeing how you are all creatively continuing the learning from home and your positive feedback has been heart-warming for all of us.
We know that you all have questions in regards to the uncertainty attached to the start of Term 2 (next week in Victoria, in two weeks’ time in New South Wales).
It saddens us that we have not been able to run our classes in the centre, and all the teachers certainly miss all of the positive energy that the children bring to the centre. This adjustment period has been felt by you and us, but we are grateful that we are all going through it together.
As you know, we have tried our best to keep up with this ever changing situation. When the restrictions were tightened by the Government, we almost instantly switched over to a virtual mode of delivery to ensure that we minimised the disruption to the children’s learning while still ensuring everyone’s safety. It was a necessary step we took in order to exercise our duty of care to everyone while our Shichida children and parents continue the fun and learning in a different environment.
Right now, we are dedicated to support you and guide you in the critical roles that you play in your child’s learning journey. We know of the challenges and anxiety faced by everyone, including the children and we are committed to continuously partnering with you and adapting our remote delivery of the program to further support your child’s learning and well-being.
Barring official direction from the government regarding schools and social distancing rules, Term 2 will start in a virtual mode from 14 April 2020 for Victoria and 27 April 2020 for New South Wales.
Some guidelines on a weekly flow below:
You will receive the following:
- An email from your centre managers with a link to your class for the week.
- Worksheets for the week.
- List of materials to use/substitute for the class.
- Regular check in with your instructor via phone/email or ZOOM for a virtual hangout fortnightly.
- Live chat support hotline during business hours (Mondays to Fridays 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.) to answer any questions during your virtual class.
- Weekly additional parent guidance and ideas of what you can work on with your child at home, via our closed Facebook group.
We love to see our students’ progress, wherever they may be learning! Please send through your child’s photos and videos of them doing their Shichida virtual classes. Teachers are currently actively marking the worksheets and homework you are sending through, so please continue to do so.
We have come up with a plan to thank you all for your continued trust and support. We will be offering all those enrolled in Term 2 the below:
- Two extra classes; at no cost; in our centres when as soon as ready to welcome you (pending Government’s direction)
- 5% discount extended to all for Term 3 2020
Lastly, some suggestions to make it easier during this period:
- Set up a routine for your child where possible
- Set up a dedicated area for your child to play and learn
- Remember that your virtual class does not need to be completed at one go. You can split the class into chunks of 10-15 minutes throughout the day or week to match your child’s attention span. The best bit is that the class can be re-watched through the week!
- Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us at Shichida through email/phone/Facebook or Instagram chat.
Our team is currently operating from home with a rostered schedule with reduced hours. But as an organisation, we are here for you on Mondays to Fridays, from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Please know, you and your child are not alone in this. We are all in this together. Our team is here for you.
We are determined to guide and support you through this as your child’s parent and their first and best teacher, always.
How do I access it?
- An email from your respective centre manager will be sent to you early next week with an invitation to attend the virtual class
- You will need internet access and a browser (for best results please use the Google Chrome browser.)
- On the invitation, you will have the choice of instant play or making a booking in a timeslot that best suits you
- Subsequently, you will be sent an email with the link of the webinar. Click on that link and you are in!
What happens when classes are ready to resume in person?
- From Term 2 2020, as long as you are enrolled, your current spot is yours to keep. Once the ban is lifted, you can come back to class.
Some ideas we are working on to be included in our virtual classes from Term 2 2020 onwards
- A list of items you can prepare and use at home to reiterate the concepts covered for the week.
- A regular check-in via video with your child and you.
- A way for the children to show their homework to us.
- Virtual stickers for the kids (and parents) to collect in the form of giphy.
But virtual class is just not the same as actual classes?
- As much as we would love to keep going with classes in person, it is beyond our control. We will want to resume actual classes as soon as can.
- With everything else that is happening in the world right now, this is the next best option.
- Remember, Shichida classes were never meant just for the children. It was meant for parents too! This is a great opportunity for us to guide and support you to be your child’s first and best teacher!
- Great bonding time with your child – greater involvement than in class! We provide the contents and interaction virtually. And you provide the interaction in person!
- You can take the virtual class anytime and you can re-watch it again. (Each webinar will be available for 10 days).
- Your child’s Shichida journey is not interrupted because of external uncontrollable factors.
- Please remember that this is meaningful screen time and it is an opportunity for parents to step in and help nurture children’s love of learning from home.
Visit your nearest centre
Level 3, Central Tower
Chadstone Shopping Centre
1341 Dandenong Road
Chadstone VIC 3148
Call Chadstone Centre:
(03) 8673 5150
Level 4, Suite 4002
Westfield Shopping Centre (Office Tower)
619 Doncaster Road
Doncaster VIC 3108
Call Doncaster Centre:
(03) 9034 4990
Parents share their Shichida experience…
“My son joined Shichida when he was 5 years old. My husband and I are both very happy with his progress. Now my son is a happy, positive and confident child who loves and enjoys learning. After attending Shichida classes, we realised that the program not only benefits the child, but also teaches parents how to raise a child happily and successfully.”
– Miranda & Daniel (son, Shichida Graduate 2016)
“Thank you for the wonderful experiences that you have given Luke over the last 7 years at Shichida. The skills he has learnt through Shichida will last through his entire life. You have really helped and encouraged Luke to achieve such great things… Shichida has been such a huge part of our lives, we will really miss it.”
– Mark, Emily & Luke (son)
“I’ve noticed my daughter does remember things quite well, she can listen to songs only a few times and she remembers the tunes and the lyrics. She is one of the few kids in her class who can read at her age. Callum can count to 10. He sings the alphabet and he knows his colours and his shapes. He will sing along, it’s just play for him. There’s not that many programs out there for young kids, and you know why not? It doesn’t hurt them and they enjoy it. It does help them to develop to the best of their potential and their ability. They do an amazing amount of stuff in that one hour that I could not do at home with them.”
– Jane, Caitlyn (daughter) & Callum (son)
“Chloe has been attending Shichida Australia since she was 18 months old. I first heard about it on TV and thought it looked like an interesting program – mainly because it worked on skills like visualisation techniques, fine motor skills, confidence building and fun aspects of learning that didn’t seem to be offered in any other activities… This has really stimulated her learning, improved her concentration and helped her prepare for the transition to school. Shichida also gave us the tools to be able to incorporate opportunities for learning into everyday life – this has been incredibly helpful. The first time we realised that Chloe knew her numbers and letters was when my husband was out washing the car. He could hear her mumbling away and went to check up on her. She was just two at the time, and was reading our car’s licence plate!”
– Emily & Chloe (daughter)
Discover Shichida at Home
Access Your Free Sample Episode PLUS Info Pack With Activities!
A revolutionary education program
In the comfort of your own home, or on the go
Free sample activities to engage with your child
Free sample video to experience right away
Includes maze, colouring sheet, matching game