Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Let’s work together to keep our children safe from the virus
Important Update from 21/03/2020:
Due to the further tightening of the social distancing rules by the Government, we have made the decision to switch all classes to virtual classes from this Saturday 21st March 2020 onwards until the rules are lifted. Due to the limit imposed, we are not able to conduct classes in person at Shichida centres from Monday to Saturday.
A Message from the Director of Shichida Australia
Dear Shichida parents and guardians,
We hope you have been keeping well.
We have recently communicated with everyone about our contingency plan to run virtual classes should there be a total shutdown of schools. In the meanwhile, we have also announced that regardless, from Term 2 2020, we will run virtual classes and classes in-person concurrently until further guidelines are given by the government. Thank you to some of the parents who were already thinking and suggesting virtual classes. And thank you to many of you parents who have supported and shared your excitement with us about our plan.
However, due to the further tightening of the social distancing rules by the Government, we have made the decision to switch all classes to virtual classes from this Saturday 21st March 2020 onwards until the rules are lifted. Due to the limit imposed, we are not able to conduct classes in person at Shichida centres from Monday to Saturday.
We have made the decision to switch all classes to virtual classes from this Saturday 21st March 2020
What does this mean?
- VIC families: For Term 1 – you will be invited to attend 2 virtual classes
- NSW families: For Term 1 – you will be invited to attend 3 virtual classes
What will I get the next 2 weeks (VIC) / 3 weeks (NSW)?
- A webinar of 50 minutes of the class and curriculum that you would have gone through in person.
- Access to an online chat in the webinar. Our staff members will be available from Mondays to Fridays (9am -5pm) to support you.
- An email with the worksheets where applicable for the class.
- Access to instructor via phone/email/Facebook chat during work hours throughout this period.
But virtual class is just not the same as actual classes?
- As much as we would love to keep going with classes in person, it is beyond our control. We will want to resume actual classes as soon as can.
- With everything else that is happening in the world right now, this is the next best option.
- Remember, Shichida classes were never meant just for the children. It was meant for parents too! This is a great opportunity for us to guide and support you to be your child’s first and best teacher!
- Great bonding time with your child – greater involvement than in class! We provide the contents and interaction virtually. And you provide the interaction in person!
- You can take the virtual class anytime and you can re-watch it again. (Each webinar will be available for 10 days).
- Your child’s Shichida journey is not interrupted because of external uncontrollable factors.
- Please remember that this is meaningful screen time and it is an opportunity for parents to step in and help nurture children’s love of learning from home.
How do I access it?
- An email from your respective centre manager will be sent to you early next week with an invitation to attend the virtual class
- You will need internet access and a browser (for best results please use the Google Chrome browser.)
- On the invitation, you will have the choice of instant play or making a booking in a timeslot that best suits you
- Subsequently, you will be sent an email with the link of the webinar. Click on that link and you are in!
Some ideas we are working on to be included in our virtual classes from Term 2 2020 onwards
- A list of items you can prepare and use at home to reiterate the concepts covered for the week.
- A regular check-in via video with your child and you.
- A way for the children to show their homework to us.
- Virtual stickers for the kids (and parents) to collect in the form of giphy.
What happens when classes are ready to resume in person?
- From Term 2 2020, as long as you are enrolled, your current spot is yours to keep. Once the ban is lifted, you can come back to class.
Our instructors have started recording the classes. We are very excited with what we have put in place.
We look forward to welcoming all of you to your Shichida virtual class in the comfort of your own home and even better, at the time that best suits you and your child!
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we get this ready for you as soon as possible.
“While coronavirus is of concern, it is important to remember that most people displaying symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat or tiredness are likely suffering with a cold or other respiratory illness – not coronavirus”.
Meet our Shichida students
Little Big Shots
Raphy was invited to appear on Little Big Shots [Australia]. Look at his amazing capability, developed in his Shichida lessons.
The Project featured a story on Shichida Australia and two of our students at opposite ends of the Shichida learning journey.
The Today Show
We invited Today Show host Sylvia Jeffreys and son Charlie to our Shichida centre in Chatswood to enjoy their first ever Shichida class!
Julia shows off her memory
Astounding her parents and teachers, Julia has made headlines around the world with her ability to remember 500 items from our ‘Box Memory’ activity.
Faraway by Jacqueline
Jacqueline has amazing writing talent! In this video she reads a wonderful poem that inspires us to appreciate nature & keep our environment healthy.
Joel demonstrates robots
Joel shares his passion for robots, as he represented Australia at the First Lego League World Festival Robotics Championship in the USA in 2017.
Visit your nearest centre
Level 3, Central Tower
Chadstone Shopping Centre
1341 Dandenong Road
Chadstone VIC 3148
Call Chadstone Centre:
(03) 8673 5150
Level 4, Suite 4002
Westfield Shopping Centre (Office Tower)
619 Doncaster Road
Doncaster VIC 3108
Call Doncaster Centre:
(03) 9034 4990
Highpoint Shopping Centre
120-200 Rosamond Road
Maribynong VIC 3032
Call Highpoint Centre:
(03) 9888 6886
1/29 Albert Avenue
Chatswood NSW 2067
Call Chatswood Centre:
(02) 8973 9700
Ground Floor, Office 1/7 Hassall Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
Call Parramatta Centre:
(02) 9099 1810
Parents share their Shichida experience…
“My son joined Shichida when he was 5 years old. My husband and I are both very happy with his progress. Now my son is a happy, positive and confident child who loves and enjoys learning. After attending Shichida classes, we realised that the program not only benefits the child, but also teaches parents how to raise a child happily and successfully.”
– Miranda & Daniel (son, Shichida Graduate 2016)
“Thank you for the wonderful experiences that you have given Luke over the last 7 years at Shichida. The skills he has learnt through Shichida will last through his entire life. You have really helped and encouraged Luke to achieve such great things… Shichida has been such a huge part of our lives, we will really miss it.”
– Mark, Emily & Luke (son)
“I’ve noticed my daughter does remember things quite well, she can listen to songs only a few times and she remembers the tunes and the lyrics. She is one of the few kids in her class who can read at her age. Callum can count to 10. He sings the alphabet and he knows his colours and his shapes. He will sing along, it’s just play for him. There’s not that many programs out there for young kids, and you know why not? It doesn’t hurt them and they enjoy it. It does help them to develop to the best of their potential and their ability. They do an amazing amount of stuff in that one hour that I could not do at home with them.”
– Jane, Caitlyn (daughter) & Callum (son)
“Chloe has been attending Shichida Australia since she was 18 months old. I first heard about it on TV and thought it looked like an interesting program – mainly because it worked on skills like visualisation techniques, fine motor skills, confidence building and fun aspects of learning that didn’t seem to be offered in any other activities… This has really stimulated her learning, improved her concentration and helped her prepare for the transition to school. Shichida also gave us the tools to be able to incorporate opportunities for learning into everyday life – this has been incredibly helpful. The first time we realised that Chloe knew her numbers and letters was when my husband was out washing the car. He could hear her mumbling away and went to check up on her. She was just two at the time, and was reading our car’s licence plate!”
– Emily & Chloe (daughter)
Discover Shichida at Home
Access Your Free Sample Episode PLUS Info Pack With Activities!
A revolutionary education program
In the comfort of your own home, or on the go
Free sample activities to engage with your child
Free sample video to experience right away
Includes maze, colouring sheet, matching game
Get a taste of why Shichida at Home can be the key to unlocking your child's innate abilities.
#EarlyLearning with @shichidaaustralia on Instagram!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.