- Develop understanding of composition and decomposition of amounts from 1 to 10
- Acquire knowledge of numbers
- Develop a strong foundation of numeracy skills
- The monkey scale helps children understand how to make up amounts
- If you want to make 7, place the number 7 on one side, and help the children make the scale balance by putting (6 1, 5 2, 4 3) on the other side
- Fun way for children to learn addition
- As children get more confident, you may make the activity more challenging – for example: making 6 with 3 2 1, etc.